Chicken Vegetable Soup: Southern Style
An easy to make chicken vegetable soup that can be made with leftover chicken or rotisserie style.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2-1 ounce Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup okra slices fresh or frozen
- 1 cup carrot slices
- 1 cup diced potatoes optional
- 4-5 cups chicken stock, divided (approximate amount)
- 11 ounce can whole kernel corn
- 14.5 ounce can cut green beans
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Sautee' onions and celery in oil over medium heat until tender.
Add chicken and sprinkle with Ranch dressing mix. Stir to coat chicken.
Add okra, carrots, potatoes (optional) and enough stock to cover ingredients.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (covered) 10-15 minutes or until okra and carrots are tender.
Add corn, green beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper and remaining stock.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to low and simmer 10 minutes.