Smoked Beef Short Ribs
Simple instructions for flavorful and tender smoked beef short ribs include a rub recipe. Here you'll also find tons of ways to use your tasty meat.
For the Ribs
- 2.5 pounds beef short ribs silver skin trimmed from the top (meat side)
- 2-3 Tablespoons coarse kosher salt
For the Rub
- 3 Tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
Sprinkle ribs all over with kosher salt and refrigerate (covered) overnight.
Mix all rub ingredients and sprinkle over all surfaces of ribs.
Cook ribs in a smoker at 225 degrees until internal temperature of 200-205 degrees is reached, 5-7 hours.
Let rest, covered loosely for 20-30 minutes before serving.
The amount of ribs and rub are for 2.5 pounds of ribs, which will yield approximately just less than 1 pound of meat. If smoking more increase accordingly.