Oven Roasted Cajun Potatoes
Cajun spiced potatoes are roasted in the oven along with the holy trinity of vegetables (peppers, onions and celery). This easy to make side dish is bursting with amazing flavor!
- 1½ pounds potatoes washed, unpeeled and cut into pieces about ¾ inch in size
- 1 bell pepper medium sized, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 onion small-medium sized, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole Seasoning we recommend Tony Chachers Original Creole Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt as needed to taste
Put potatoes and vegetables in a cast iron skillet (10") or similar sized baking dish.
Pour olive oil over all and stir to coat.
Add seasoning and paprika, plus salt if needed, and stir to coat.
Roast in a 400° oven for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes and checking for doneness after a total of 30 minutes.
- Cooking in an iron skillet is recommended for best crispiness, but you can use any baking dish.
- Add salt according to taste and the saltiness of your Cajun/Creole seasoning
Serving: 4ounceCalories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 4gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 15mgPotassium: 853mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1560IUVitamin C: 74mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 2mg