Baked Camembert with Honey, Pears & Pecans
For a super simple but elegant appetizer put together baked camembert with honey and add pears and pecans. Easily make it your own with different fruits and nuts.
- 8 ounce Camembert Cheese wheel room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1-1½ fresh pear diced into ⅓ inch pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons butter salted or unsalted
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
Melt butter over medium low heat in small skillet. Add pears and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Remove top from Camembert or score with a knife in lines about ½ inch apart.
Bake cheese in preheated 250 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with warm pears, pecans and honey. Serve immediately.
- If starting with chilled Camembert you will need to add about 8 minutes to baking time.
- Toasting pecans is not necessary, but brings out the flavor of the pecans.
- If dicing pears in advance cover with water that has had 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice added.
Serving: 1ounceCalories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 6gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 240mgPotassium: 110mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 244IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 1mg