Roasted Carrots and Green Beans
Cooked to perfection and full of amazing flavor roasted carrots and green beans are a beautiful side dish!
- 1 pound green beans clean and trimmed
- 1 pound carrots clean and cut into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup slivered almonds plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated (plus more for garnish)
Add carrots, green beans and all ingredients except almonds and parmesan cheese to a large bowl and toss to coat evenly.
Spread in a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 inch baking pan and top with almonds and parmesan.
Roast at 400 degrees for up to 35 minutes checking for desired tenderness beginning at 25 minutes.
Serve hot, garnished with additional almonds and parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Be sure parchment paper completely covers bottom of pan for easy clean up.
- Cut carrots into a top half and bottom half and then cut each half into pieces approximately equal to the size of the green beans.
Calories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 6gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 151mgPotassium: 568mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 15826IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 145mgIron: 2mg