Cajun Beer Boiled Peanuts (Slow Cooker)
Boiled peanuts are a Southern snack just made for watching football games. Our version has a Cajun spice, loads of garlic, and is boiled in your favorite beer overnight in the crock pot.
- 1 pound raw green peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic bruised lightly
- 2 12-ounce beers or beer and water combination to cover peanuts
- 3 Tablespoons Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Rinse peanuts thoroughly.
In an 4-quart or larger slow cooker, add peanuts, beer (and water if needed to cover peanuts), garlic, seasoning and salt. Stir well.
Turn slow cooker to high for 30 minutes, and then down to low. Let simmer on low for 22-24 hours. Check for doneness every hour after 15 hours. Add more water to the cooker if needed.
Drain and serve hot or cold.
- If using less beer, add enough water to make sure peanuts are covered.
- Raw, air-dried peanuts can be used, but will require soaking to rehydrate and could take longer, higher temperatures to reach desired tenderness.
- Peanuts can be stored in refrigerator for several days and frozen in air-tight container for up to 6 months.
- Recipe can easily be doubled and made in an 8 quart slow cooker.
Serving: 0.5cupCalories: 273kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 11gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 1400mgPotassium: 338mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1034IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg