Spicy & Smoky Pimento Cheese
Homemade Pimento Cheese kicked up a notch with smoky tones and a good punch of heat.
- 8 ounces freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces freshly grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonaisse
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 6-8 slices pickled jalapeno slices diced finely (optional)
- 2 ounce jar diced pimentos
- ½-1 teaspoon Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce could substitute 1-2 drops liquid smoke
Stir all ingredients together except jalapeno slices and pimentoes until well blended.
Add jalapeno slices and pimentoes and stir gently.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours and preferably overnight to blend flavors.