Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
Only 4 ingredients plus salt and pepper are needed for this restaurant quality side dish. Sauteed mushrooms and onions are the classic topping for steak or any other beef dish.
- 1 pound mushrooms whole if small, sliced if larger
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 3 Tablespoons butter salted or unsalted, adjust added salt accordingly
- 3 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat taking care to not let your butter start to brown.
Add sliced onions and worcestershire sauce and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until edges start to get a little brown.
Add mushrooms and cook additional 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the mushrooms and your preference for doneness. Whole mushrooms will take the longest.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 4gCalories: 121kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 207mgPotassium: 505mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 273IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 1mg