Infused waters are a deliciously healthy way to stay hydrated and the flavor combination of sweet cherries and lemon will keep you coming back for more.
I am obsessed with infused waters and am always looking for new flavor combos. They are a great alternative to sodas (or sweet tea… that’s my vice) and for me, an incentive to drink more water. Like many people, I struggle to stay hydrated, so I welcome any help.
Infused water is completely customizable
This cherry infused water combination is our favorite when sweet cherries are in season. It’s a great way to use one of nature’s great gifts. The lemon pairs perfectly, and because fresh mint is readily available at the same time as cherries, it can be a wonderful addition, also.
You’ll want to try other blends too, so feel free to experiment. For more ideas to get you started be sure to check out 4 ways to make infused water.
The basics to keep in mind are to use clean, cut up fruits, vegetables and herbs. The intensity of the flavor is going to vary according to how much you add and how long you allow it to infuse.
After a few hours (up to 12) you’ll want to remove the ingredients. Just keep tasting the water until the flavor is what you like.
Best tip for making Cherry Infused Water with Lemon:
Cut the cherries in half before you add them to the water. Because the cherry skin is somewhat thick and non-porous you will get more of the flavor in the water by cutting the cherries first.
This also makes the water a beautiful pink color. Just think, this gorgeous shade is completely natural.
How to make infused water:
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on an affiliate link and buy something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy. As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Use any container you like. Here we’ve used a wine carafe, but a large Mason jar works too. If you want to get fancy these Infusion Pitchers are awesome!
- Thoroughly wash and cut up fruit, vegetables and/or herbs.
- Place in container. A good rule of thumb is to have the container about 1/4 full of the flavor ingredients.
- Fill with water and chill 2-12 hours before straining.
Cherry Infused Water with Lemons
- 3/4 cup halved, pitted & stemmed fresh cherries (use more for more intense flavor)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced lemon (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 quart water
- 2 sprigs mint leaves (optional)
- Add cherries, lemon and mint if using into 1 quart container.
- Fill with water and chill 2-12 hours.
- Remove fruit and mint and strain if desired.
If you make this or any of our recipes we’d love for you to leave us a comment and star rating. If you’re into sharing your creations, snap a photo and tag us when you post it to Facebook or Instagram.