A classic Mexican beverage, Pineapple Agua Fresca is so easy to make at home! It is sweet, refreshing, and all you need is fresh pineapple, lime juice, and honey.
This drink makes a perfect pineapple mocktail or a fruity kid-friendly beverage.
What is agua fresca?
Agua fresca is a refreshing and light beverage popular in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
The term "agua fresca" translates to "fresh water" in Spanish. It's essentially a flavored water drink made by blending fresh fruits, flowers, or herbs with water and sometimes a bit of sweetener.
The result is a thirst-quenching drink that captures the natural flavors of the ingredients used.
Why you'll love this Pineapple Agua Fresca
- It uses fresh pineapple and fresh lime juice
- This recipe is non-alcoholic, but you can also spike it to make a delicious cocktail
- It can be made in just 20 minutes and requires no cooking whatsoever
Ingredients for Pineapple Agua Fresca
This recipe requires only fresh pineapple, fresh lime juice, honey, and water.
Substitutions and Variations
In this pineapple agua fresca we used honey, but you could also use other types of sweeteners if you prefer. Be sure to check out the recipe card's notes for exchanges, though, as most other sweeteners are sweeter than honey.
You can also use a variety of other fruits instead of pineapple! You can make Agua fresca using fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, or even cucumber. Play around with different fruits to find your favorite flavors.
If you want to make this into a cocktail, just add vodka, tequila, or white rum!
How to make Pineapple Agua Fresca
- First, Add fresh pineapple, fresh lime juice, honey, and water to a blender and blend until smooth
- Next, Pour the agua fresca through a strainer and into a pitcher to strain out the pineapple pulp
- Last, chill if desired and then serve as is or over ice
What to serve with agua fresca
I think this recipe would be delicious with any sort of Mexican or Southwestern meal. We have a whole category of those for you to check out, but I think it would be particularly delicious with Fish Tacos with Baja Sauce, tacos or burritos made with Slow Cooker Mexican Beef, or Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers!
A fruit mocktail is a non-alcoholic beverage made by blending or combining various fruit juices, purees, and sometimes herbs or spices to create a flavorful and refreshing drink, mimicking the appeal of a cocktail without the inclusion of alcoholic spirits.
Agua fresca is made of fresh fruits, flowers, or herbs blended with water and sweetened to create a refreshing and flavorful beverage, commonly served over ice.
Of course, sweetening something always makes it slightly less healthy than fresh fruit alone, but this recipe has minimal sweetener making it a healthy alternative to other fruit drinks or soda.
You can keep homemade agua fresca will in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. However, the flavor and freshness might start to decline after the first day.
Do you need more fruity drink recipes? Try these!
- Fresh pineapple mojitos
- Strawberry basil gin cocktails
- Classic hurricane
- Watermelon mojito
- Cucumber jalapeno margarita
- Blood orange bourbon cocktail
For a quick and fun look at this recipe check out the Google Web Story.
Pineapple Agua Fresca
- 5 cups pineapple about 1 large pineapple, cubed
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice about 2 limes, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer to remove the solids.
- Serve over ice or chill until ready to serve.