This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento®. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Mexican version of classic sausage balls combines chorizo and Sargento Cheese to make an appetizer or brunch dish with a kick that is sure to impress.
If your life is anything like mine, the rest of the year will be an exciting time full of holidays parties with friends, family, and coworkers. Heaven knows you can't show up for any of the parties empty-handed, but making appetizers week after week for the entire holiday season can be exhausting!
The best way to tackle the task is to go with effortless finger foods like sausage balls that, as an added bonus, can be made ahead and frozen for events down the road.
Chorizo Sausage Balls
Sausage balls are a bit of a tradition for our family. Not only do we make them for parties, but they are also what we eat Christmas morning to hold us over until "the big meal."
They're taken out of the freezer in the morning, put on a pan and warmed in the oven. Then tossed into a basket to take into the living room to be munched on while opening presents. How easy is that?
This version is a little twist on the classic sausage balls. We replaced the usual sausage with flavorful Mexican chorizo and in place of the classic cheddar we used Sargento® Shreds 4 Cheese Mexican Blend. Find a coupon to save at Publix below! We added cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes to give it that kick and the flavors are out of this world!
Chorizo bites are so easy to make
When I tell you these sausage balls easy to make, I'm not kidding. All you have to do is combine all the ingredients in a big bowl, and shape them into little 1-inch balls.
Put them on a greased cookie sheet, and bake them at 350 until slightly browned on the bottom. Voila! They're plenty moist and tasty on their own, but if you want something to dip them in, they're great with a little chipotle ranch!
Sargento® Shreds 4 Cheese Mexican blend is shredded fresh off blocks of real, natural cheese. It's so perfect for these sausage balls with chorizo! We've even got a deal for you when you do your grocery shopping at Publix! Click here for your $1 off 2 Sargento Shreds Coupon!
Chorizo Bites with Cheese
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage removed from casings and allowed to sit at room temperature 15-20 min.
- 1 Lb. 4 Cheese Mexican Sargento Shredded two packages
- 3-¼ cup Bisquick or similar baking mix
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3-4 shakes of red pepper flakes optional, and according to desired heat
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl with hands (using food prep gloves) until well blended.
- Shape loosely into approximately 1” balls and place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray) with about 1” of space between each ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
This recipe made our top 10 of 2018. Click over here to see them all.