Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are beautiful and delicious anytime, but they make a dessert that is especially perfect for patriotic holidays.
These blueberry cupcakes have cream cheese in the cake and more in the frosting. If you love blueberries, and you love cream cheese (and who doesn’t?) these are the cupcakes for you. They stir up easily and are the perfect way to use those gorgeous fresh blueberries.
True cupcakes – not just a muffin with frosting
We do love blueberry muffins, and to be honest, a blueberry muffin with cream cheese frosting doesn’t sound all bad. But, these are true cupcakes. They have a lighter, more delicate texture than a muffin. Some cream cheese in the cupcake itself gives it a richness that only cream cheese can do. But, that frosting…. oh the frosting.
Everyone needs a basic cream cheese frosting in their baking arsenal. We share ours below, but if you have a favorite, feel free to substitute with yours. Any good cream cheese frosting is the stuff dreams are made of.
These blueberry cupcakes are perfect for any patriotic holiday
I kept these pretty simple by making them in red muffin liners and garnished with just a few blueberries and mint leaves. But, you could go all out with sprinkles or by adding red fruit like a slice of strawberry, or a whole raspberry.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on an affiliate link and buy something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy. As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Fun ways to give your cupcakes a patriotic flair. Click over for easy Amazon ordering.
- Navy and white chevron cupcake wrappers
- Stars and strips cupcake liners
- Full selection of patriotic liners, cupcake toppers and wrappers
- Star shaped red, white and blue sprinkles
- Plain red foil liners
Of course, you can just keep it simple and set them out on a red gingham cloth like this.
Piped frosting on your cupcakes
I just know the basic piping techniques for cupcakes. But, hey, if I can do it you can too. For these blueberry cupcakes I used a simple, 1/2″ round tip like this one.
These 12 inch disposable pastry bags are like the ones I use. No messy clean up is necessary.
If you don’t care to pipe the frosting onto your cupcakes they’re still going to be delicious. Either way, we hope you enjoy the recipe and will leave us a comment letting us know how yours turn out.
Another mini dessert you’ll love are these Mini Lemon Tarts with a cheesecake layer. They’re super simple, too!
Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- Add sugar, egg,egg whites and vanilla and blend until well blended.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately and beat between after each addition, scraping sides of bowl.
- After all ingredients are well blended, beat at medium speed for one minutes.
- Add blueberries and gently fold in.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3-3/4 full and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire rack when a finger touched lightly on top of cupcake does not leave an indentation.
- When completely cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until well blended.
- Stir in (or beat at medium speed of mixer) powdered sugar until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
We think you’ll enjoy these recipes too:
Til next time,