Mozzarella pearls found in the cheese section of your market are marinated in a simple herb oil recipe and can then be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
The Herbs for the Mozzarella Pearls
When first making these marinated mozzarella pearls I had lots of fresh herbs growing and I just used what I had available. But, if you don’t have an herb garden, or you have different ones than I did, feel free to substitute whatever you like. Dried herbs would be great too – just remember that they are more potent, so use about one third the amount.
What other add-ins are great?
Another amazing addition is lemon zest, and mozzarella pearls are always fun mixed with olives like you see here.
Be sure that you use a good quality olive oil. We always keep on hand Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
More ways to use mozzarella pearls:
- tossed on top of salads
- mixed with tomatoes
- mixed with small, whole mushrooms
- on short skewers alternated with anything you like for an appetizer
- tossed on a pizza before it’s baked
- let your imagination go wild and tag us on social media with the ways you come up to use them
Mozzarella Pearls Marinated with Herbs & Garlic
- Mix all ingredients and chill 2 hours to overnight.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on an affiliate link and buy something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy. As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Items great for making and serving mozarella pearls:
- Herb Shears. We never tire of recommending these. Everyone in our family has and loves them.
- Olive Oil Dispenser. We use EVOO so much that a dispenser sits right by the cooktop at all times.
- short skewers for making appetizers
- bamboo toothpicks with a looped end like you see in our photos
Are you getting our weekly newsletters? That’s the easiest way to make sure you don’t miss any recipes, and you can sign up right here. We promise to treat you like family.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll want to try:
More recipe sources we recommend:
Meal Plan Monday