This corn dip with cream cheese is bursting with flavor, comes together quickly, and is sure to be the hit of your gathering.
Corn, jalapenos, cream cheese, monterey jack cheese... you really can't go wrong with that combination. But then when you add in tangy lime juice, garlic, chili powder, and top it with fresh cilantro? Perfection.
When coming up with this recipe, I pulled from the flavors of Esquites, a Mexican street corn salad that is absolutely addictive. If you're looking for a lightened up version with less cheesiness, you should definitely check out our Esquites recipe.
If you want an even lighter version, try our low-cal Mexican dip that has corn and black beans!
We made our corn dip in our favorite dish, an 8-inch cast iron skillet. The advantage there is that you can do the stove top stuff and the baking in the same skillet, making this a one-pot dish.
If you don't have or want to use cast iron, you could use any oven-safe skillet or just transfer it all to a small casserole dish before baking.
Can you make the corn dip ahead of time?
Yes! To cut down on prep time the day of your gathering you could easily do everything except the baking a day or 2 before. Just be sure to let it sit out until it is room temperature before baking!
Do you serve corn dip hot or cold?
I have seen other corn dips with cream cheese that are made to be served cold, but this one should be served hot out of the oven. We've got a great hack for keeping it warm for the party, too!
What do I serve with the corn dip?
This dip is perfect with tortilla chips, but it would be great with Fritos, too! Smoked Queso Dip would go great with this corn dip at your next gathering!
If you make this or any of our recipes we'd love for you to leave us a comment and star rating. If you're into sharing your creations, snap a photo and tag us when you post it to Facebook or Instagram.
Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
- 4 teaspoon butter
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 15.5 oz canned corn drained, (or 4 cups fresh or frozen corn)
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup Monterrey Jack cheese shredded and divided
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe pan, melt butter over MH heat.
- Add jalapenos and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add corn to skillet and combine with other ingredients. Cook 5 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in softened cream cheese, ½ cup Monterrey Jack cheese, and remaining ingredients. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly and edges begin to brown.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Use 1 Tablespoon lime juice if using bottled.
- Small casserole dish may be used instead of cast iron skillet
- Garnish with additional jalapeno slices if desired