If you love a cheesy vegetable side dish as much as we do, this low carb broccoli casserole is about to be your best friend. It’s as delicious as it is easy to make.
We love a good low-carb recipe around here and it turns out, y’all do too! When we posted the recipe for Crustless Squash Pie way back in June of 2017, we had no idea what a hit it would be! The comments flooded in, the share count went through the roof, and everyone loved it as much as we always have. If our readers love low-carb, cheesy vegetable dishes as much as we do, we figured why not keep it rolling? Earlier this summer the Crustless Tomato Pie was born and y’all! It was even bigger than the squash version!
Broccoli casserole is a favorite of mine that I swear I could eat any time of day. This low carb broccoli casserole is different from the classic because it doesn’t have things like mayonnaise or cream of chicken soup and instead uses egg to hold it all together and keep it creamy. It’s also unique because it doesn’t have the crunchy topping you usually find, though you could easily make a keto version of that by mixing almond flour, cheddar cheese, and a little butter. Personally, I like the smooth creaminess of it without that and wanted to keep the ingredient list as concise as possible.
Low Carb Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Defrost broccoli according to package instructions. Put in a colander to drain.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute' until onions are soft (about 8 minutes). Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add broccoli, cheese, eggs, thyme, salt and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour contents into a greased casserole dish. Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to sit 5-7 minutes before serving.
Check out these other sides!
More recipe sources we recommend: