Really! It only takes 3 ingredients and a few minutes to make this rich, creamy no bake cheesecake. Put it in the crust of your choosing, or even make it crustless. Then top it however you like for a company-worthy dessert.
Keep it simple, but impressive. That's a motto we like to follow with many of our recipes, and this one checks those two boxes very nicely.
You'll make it your own by topping it however you like (or leave it plain). The traditional crust is graham cracker, but it would be fabulous in shortbread or an Oreo cookie crust.
- Cream Cheese (we like to go with Philadelphia brand because we know we can trust the quality).
- Powdered Sugar - also known as confectioners sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
You could always add a teaspoon or vanilla or almond extract, but we don't and it tastes amazing.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on an affiliate link and buy something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy. As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In these photos we've used a store bought graham cracker crust. The recipe makes enough for the 10" size, but if you have a smaller one you can just pile up the cheesecake filling. You can certainly make homemade graham cracker crust too.
A chocolate cookie crust like the one we made for our Peanut Butter Pie would be wonderful, too. They can be bought ready made as well.
Shortbread cookie pie crusts are a favorite, too.
An interesting (and calorie/carb saving) idea is to make this cheesecake without a crust. We're big fans of going crustless around here, with several savory crustless pies being some of our most popular recipes. If that idea appeals to you, you'll want to check out the Crustless Tomato Pie, Crustless Squash Pie and the Crustless Breakfast Quiche.
Seriously, y'all, the sky is the limit.
Keeping it ultra easy, we used ready made cherry pie filling, but you could use your favorite flavor, or make homemade topping.
Top your cheesecake with fresh fruit or berries. Or, how about mini chocolate chips? Chopped nuts? How about a drizzle of caramel sauce like we do on our Apple Pecan Cheesecake?
- Start with room temperature cream cheese and beat it at medium speed until it's fluffy.
- Add the confections sugar and beat until it's thoroughly blended with the cheese.
- Now add the whipping cream and crank your mixer up to high. It'll take 1-2 minutes until the filling is light and fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Fill the pie crust and thoroughly chill before slicing and serving. It can be served plain or with the topping of your choice.
This pie will make between 8 and 10 servings, depending on the size of your crust and how large or small you cut the pieces.
For a fun look at this recipe, check out the web story!
About chilling, freezing and the firmness
Because of the minimal, creamy ingredients this cheesecake must be thoroughly chilled before slicing and serving.
If we're serving it the same day we make it, we like to put it in the freezer one and a half to two hours and then move to the refrigerator. That way you'll get nice, neat slices.
Making it the day before and allowing it to chill overnight works just perfectly, too. Generally speaking, the colder it is, the firmer it will be.
FAQ's about no bake cheese
Up to 5 days is just fine as long as it's well covered. We don't recommend adding any topping until you're ready to serve.
Absolutely! Again, keep it tightly covered and it should keep in the freezer for 2-3 weeks. Just let it thaw at room temperature for about an hour before serving, or move it to your refrigerator overnight.
Chances are you've not allowed enough time for it to get thoroughly chilled. See details above "about chilling, freezing and firmness".
Yes, you can. This recipe does not call for gelatin.
3 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add heavy cream and beat at high speed until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Place in any 9-10 inch pie crust and chill for a minimum of 3-4 hours before slicing and serving. See notes below.
- For neatest slices cheesecake can be placed in freezer 1.5-2 hours before slicing and serving. Or, it can be refrigerated overnight, or at a minimum 3-4 hours.
- Any type pie crust can be used.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract may be added, but are optional.
- Cheesecake can be served plain or topped as desired.
- Note that pie crust and topping are not included in nutritional information.