Apple cheesecake with pecans is a favorite of both our family and our readers. It's a beautiful crowd-pleaser that you'll get asked to make year after year. It's perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas
What is Apple Cheesecake with Pecans?
Apple Cheesecake with Pecans is a show-stopping dessert that will impress everyone. It's rich and full of flavors that are perfect for those fall and winter meals when you need something special.
Made from pure and simple ingredients this cheesecake sits on a crust made unique with finely chopped pecans and a touch of cinnamon.
A basic cheesecake layer tops that and then comes the crowning glory: Apple slices which have been tossed with cinnamon sugar can be arranged on top any way you like. Add a final sprinkle of pecans and into the oven it goes.
Why you'll love this apple cheesecake with pecans
- It's beautiful! This recipe is sure to elicit ooh's and ah's from your guests.
- It's delicious! Who can say no to cheesecake? When it's topped with the apple mixture, it is put over the top.
- It's a fall recipe that's not pumpkin! We think apples reign supreme when it comes to fall flavors.
Ingredients for apple cheesecake
- Graham cracker crumbs- These will form the foundation for the crust
- Pecans- Pecans are finely chopped and added to the graham cracker crust as well as added to the apple topping
- Sugar- This will sweeten the crust, the cheesecake, and the topping.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon adds a warm fall flavor to the crust and the apple topping.
- Butter- This will hold your graham cracker crust together
- Cream cheese- Room temperature cream cheese is the main ingredient in any cheesecake
- Vanilla extract- This will add an extra touch of flavor to the cheesecake.
- Eggs- Eggs will hold the whole apple cheesecake together
- Apples- Apples will be thinly sliced and then baked to create the delicious fall topping. We recommend a firm apple such as granny smith or honeycrisp.
See the recipe card below for quantities and instructions.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on an affiliate link and buy something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy. As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Substitutions and Variations
- Feel free to leave the pecans out of this recipe if nuts are not your thing.
- You can also substitute walnut for the pecans!
- Try switching out the peaches for pears or firm peaches or pecans for a totally different take on this recipe.
How to make apple cheesecake with pecans
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 325. Mix together the pecans, cinnamon, and butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the cheesecake: Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Pour over crust.
- Make the topping: Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples in the mixture to coat. Arrange apples on top of the filling and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake the apple cheesecake: Bake until center is nearly set. Let cool for 10 minutes before running a knife around the rim to loosen cake before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Be sure to let your eggs and cream cheese come to room temperature before beginning this recipe.
- Be sure to let your cheesecake cool for 10 minutes and then run a knife around the rim to loosen it before removing the rim.
- Be sure to use a firm apple such as granny smith or honeycrisp for this recipe.
Store your cheesecake in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
A well-wrapped cheesecake can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw before serving.
How to serve apple cheesecake with pecans
It's absolutely fabulous just like it is with nothing else on top and that's the way we usually serve it. Of course, you can never go wrong with a big ol' dollop of whipped cream.
For an bit of extra indulgence drizzle your apple cheesecake with a good quality salted caramel sauce like this one from Ghirardelli. It's really hard to go wrong with apples, cream cheese, pecans and caramel.
I'll waste no time here... On to the recipe! If you try it, be sure to comment and let us know what you think and snap a picture and tag us on Instagram!
You can store cheesecake in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Well-wrapped cheesecake can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month.
We recommend a firm apple such as granny smith or honeycrisp.
For a fun and quick look at this recipe check out the Google Web Story.
Apple Pecan Cheesecake
For the crust:
For the topping:
- 2 large apples thinly sliced
- ⅓ c sugar
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ c pecans
- First, heat your oven to 325. For the crust, mix together the pecans, cinnamon, and butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, mix (with a beater) the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Pour over crust.
- For the topping, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples in the mixture to coat. Arrange apples on top of the filling and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 1 hour 20 to 1 hour 30 or until center is nearly set. Let cool for 10 minutes before running a knife around the rim to loosen cake before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.