Mini Chocolate Trifles have rich brownie crumbles with a soft, creamy cheesecake layer and are accented with toasted coconut.
These Mini Chocolate Trifles are so easy to put together, but are elegant enough to finish off a special occasion meal. All of your favorite flavors are layered into one individual dessert that’s plenty to satisfy any sweet tooth, yet not overwhelming in size. If you love chocolate, cream cheese and coconut this is the sweet treat for you!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy.
We made ours in these adorable little dishes that my mother-in-law received as a wedding gift in 1950. They are favorites and you can see them in photos of our Blackberry Barbecue Sauce too.
Since they’re now over 70 years old I’m afraid I can’t steer you to these exact little beauties, but this link will take you to a page of cute mini dessert dishes on Amazon. They’re all rated 4 star or above and any of them would be perfect for these Mini Chocolate Trifles.
Tips and Tricks for Each Trifle Layer
- The brownie layer can be any brownies you choose. We love my Aunt Mildred’s Foolproof Brownie Recipe, but you can use your favorite recipe or even a box mix. Any recipe that makes a 8×8 or 9×9 pan will be perfect. Heck, you can use storebought brownies if you’re short on time.
- The soft and creamy cheesecake layer is good enough to eat on its own. In our opinion anything with cream cheese is over the top delish. The sweetness comes from sweetened condensed milk and the softness from whipped cream. We do recommend that you whip your own cream. That stuff out of the freezer section is full of chemicals we like to stay away from.
- Ah…. toasted coconut. We like toasting ours in a skillet on the stovetop, but if your preferred method is in the oven that’s fine. You can leave the coconut out all together if you have someone with allergies.
- If you prefer this recipe could certainly be made as one larger trifle. If making individual ones the size of your dishes will determine how many trifles you get. Figure on 10-16, approximately.
Mini Chocolate Trifles with Toasted Coconut
- Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream and chill 1-2 hours before assembling trifles.
- Meanwhile brown coconut in skillet over medium-low to medium heat, stirring constantly until browned - about 7-8 minutes.
- Layer in glasses or individual dessert dishes. Begin with brownie crumbles, then cream cheese layer, then coconut. Continue with layers until dish is full. My dishes took two layers of each.
More “small bite sweets” that you’ll love:
More recipe sources we recommend: