Save those blackberries before they’re gone by making this simple blackberry syrup that you can use on ice cream, in cocktails, on pancakes, or anything else your heart desires!
What do you do with blackberry syrup?
- Jazz up vanilla ice cream
- Pour it over pancakes or waffles
- Add it to homemade lemonade
- Add some summer flavor to your favorite cocktails like our Southern Blackberry Mules
- Use it to flavor plain yogurt
Love those blackberries like we do? This salad just screams summer in the south, with peaches and blackies, along with pecans, oh my. Click over for Summer Salad with Peaches,Blackberries & Basil Vinaigrette.And, don’t forget about those refreshing Southern Blackberry Mules.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups blackberries
- Over medium-high heat, bring water, sugar, and blackberries to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mash berries with large spoon.
- Allow to cool 20 minutes. Pour through a strainer, being sure to mash the berries to get as much syrup out as you can.
- Bottle up the syrup and store in the refrigerator until you're ready to use.
If you love blackberries as much as I do, you have got to try this blackberry barbecue sauce!
Check out these other great summer recipes:
A few items you may need to make your blackberry syrup
For this and lots of other great recipes check out Weekend Potluck.
Another great source of southern recipes is Meal Plan Monday.