Salad with peaches, blackberries and basil vinaigrette celebrates the fresh flavors of summer. Topped with chicken, shrimp, fish or steak it becomes a meal, but it’s a light and bright side without the protein.
Many of the ingredients came from our local farmers market, Norcross Community Market. Each week guest cooks (or chefs) are invited to prepare a dish highlighting ingredients available at the market. We were excited to create our salad in the “Cooks Corner” of the market and offer samples to the visitors.
Are you getting our weekly updates? You can sign up here for a new recipe each week delivered straight to your in box.
Also dubbed “Farmers Market Salad” this gorgeous, colorful plate of fresh goodness makes a perfect side dish for any meal. But, did you know that you can serve it in larger portions, top it with a protein and it’s a light, summery main dish?
Another great way to use those fresh peaches? Chilled Peach Soup – it has cucumbers too, which are in season at the same time. How perfect is that? Caramelized Peaches are made in a skillet and make the perfect topping for pancakes, french toast or pound cake.
What would be good on top to make this salad a meal?
- Our favorite (and one of yours) Preacher Chicken and Grilled Chicken for Salad
- Grilled or sauteed shrimp (if you need a quick and easy recipe check this one)
- A small steak, cut into strips (a great way to use leftover steak) or leftover Grilled Chuck Roast
- Grilled fish (we love it blackened)
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy
Salad with Peaches, Blackberries & Basil Vinaigrette
Salad with Peaches, Blackberries & Pecans
- 10 ounces salad greens
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese use any blue cheese if preferred
- ½ cup pecans halves or pieces
- ½ pint fresh blackberries
- 3 peaches sliced & tossed with a citrus/water mixture
- Shake all ingredients in tightly closed jar, or whisk in bowl until emulsified.
- Peel peaches, if desired.
- Slice peaches and let sit in a bowl with water and about 2 Tablespoons of any type citrus juice (lemon, orange, etc.) while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Toss greens, blackberries, and pecans together. Top with peach slices and cheese.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
We love our Farmers Market
Norcross Community Market is a producers-only market and includes vendors with prepared foods, honey, pet treats, cheeses, meats, baked goods and so much more. If you’re in the area come on by.
If you’re located elsewhere, we encourage you to seek out your own local farmers markets. You’ll support area small businesses, have the quickest and easiest access to local foods and make some new friends! There is so much to love about a local farmers market.
For more great info about southern cuisine you’ll want to read Southern Food Then and Now.
A few items that will come in handy:
- These herb scissors are the coolest!
- Our favorite tool for juicing citrus
- This little mini chopper is perfect for pecans
Other Recipes You Will Love
See y’all next time, and don’t forget to sign up for weekly updates right here.
Love Blackberries like we do? Try these other recipes using them
Southern Blackberry Mules (so refreshing!)
Homemade Blackberry Syrup
More recipe sources that we recommend: