This award-winning Chilled Peach Soup is an easy but elegant first course and is a great way to use the summer’s bounty of fresh peaches and cucumbers.
Chilled Peach Soup is pureed in minutes in the blender and has just a few ingredients. It makes an elegant first course for any summer meal and is one of many wonderful ways to use those delectable fresh peaches and abundant cucumbers. Both are common ingredients in southern recipes and loved by everyone!
Relying only on a tiny bit of honey, this Chilled Peach Soup gets most of its sweetness from the peaches themselves. You could certainly amp up the amount of honey and add a little brown sugar if you want to make it a light finish for your meal, but this naturally sweet way is our favorite. Heck, I’ve even had a little bowl of it for breakfast! For the perfectly decadent fresh peach dessert you would want to try Peach Crumble with Butter Pecan Topping. Oh my goodness!
Wouldn’t a small serving of Chilled Peach Soup be a fun way to start a summer bridal or wedding shower? Even if you were using disposable dishes it would be perfect in clear plastic cups like these.
Tips for making Chilled Peach Soup:
- To conserve every bit of peachy goodness you can dip your peaches into boiling water for about 45 seconds. The skins will come off easily.
- Unless you are using seedless cucumbers we recommend scooping out the centers.
- Any basic blender will do the job. Here’s a link to a page of blender choices on Amazon, and all are rated 4 stars or above.
- Lightly crush the mint leaves before tossing them in the blender.
Garnish Ideas for Chilled Peach Soup:
- You can never go wrong with fresh mint sprigs
- A peach slice or a few bits of chopped peach (leave the skin on for color)
- A cucumber ribbon or curl
- Greek Yogurt, slightly thinned with milk
About the yogurt garnish: I thinned a little with milk and then put some in a squeeze bottle. Then I put a few drops in a semi-circle like above. It looks pretty cool like that, but it’s so easy to take this garnish to the next level like this.
I just put the end of a toothpick into the top drop of yogurt and slowly dragged it through the line of drops. Voila! Heart shapes on top of your Chilled Peach Soup! And, best of all? I saved a bowl in the refrigerator overnight after I garnished with the yogurt hearts, and they still looked great the next morning!
I’m always looking for ways to prep food ahead of time. (We have a whole post of Holiday Dishes that can be made in advance.)
Imagine how impressed everyone will be when you take Peach Soup out of the fridge and it has yogurt hearts on top!
Chilled Peach Soup with Cucumbers
- 5-6 peaches, medium sized
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped cucumbers seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Peel peaches and cut into small pieces (bite sized).
- Peel and seed cucumbers and cut into small pieces.
- Lightly crush mint leaves.
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth and creamy. Chill thoroughly.
- Divide into small serving dishes and garnish with mint leaves, cucumber slices or curls, drops of thinned yogurt or peach slices/pieces.
More Peach Recipes:
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream
- Peach Glazed Chicken Wings
- Peach Crumble
- Salad with Peaches and Blackberries
- Southern Appetizer Board
More great recipes to make in summer!
More Recipe Sources We Recommend: