Soon after Ritz-Carlton opened its beautiful hotel on Lake Oconee, Georgia, we stopped by to check it out. We toured around and then stepped into the bar for a glass of wine and there, sitting on the bar, were a bowl of the most interesting and delicious spiced pecans ever.
How I Got the Recipe…
I was apparently not the first person to feel this way, because the bartender had the recipe printed up on cards behind the bar. I call them simply “Ritz Carlton Pecans”, but, officially, the name is Ritz-Carlton Lodge Spiced Pecans.
Spiced Pecans with a bit of heat or not?
It’s entirely up to you. I’ve made them many times over the years and everyone loves them. Recently I had a group of friends over and they all went nuts over these nuts! They asked me if the recipe was on the blog, and when I said it wasn’t, they said it should be! And, so…. by popular demand, Ritz Carlton Pecans.
Now, they pack a pretty good kick, but if you prefer less heat, just cut back on the cayenne accordingly. The flavor will still be amazing without the spicy kick, but we love them that way. Many people try them and then start trying to figure out what all the flavors are.
Ritz-Carlton Lodge Spiced Pecans
- 1 LB. PECAN HAVES
- 1/2 CUP MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 TBSP. GROUND CUMIN
- 1 TBSP. CAYENNE PEPPER
- 1 TSP. KOSHER SALT
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
- LINE COOKIE SHEET WITH PARCHMENT PAPER
- COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND MIX WELL
- ARRANGE PECANS IN A SINGLE LAYER ON SHEET PAN
- BAKE 15 MINUTES, THEN STIR
- BAKE AN ADDITIONAL 10 MINUTES
- ALLOW PECANS TO COOL 5 MINUTES, THEN STIR TO LOOSEN INDIVIDUAL PIECES
- ONCE COMPLETELY COOLED, STORE IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER