Deviled eggs are one of those staples that Easter lunch/dinner wouldn’t be complete without. In our family we have a pretty cutthroat Egg decorating contest the night before (I’ll be honest- this is an adult thing we usually end up doing after the kids have gone to bed haha) and the next day those eggs have become our deviled eggs.
The classic way to make deviled eggs is with mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle relish, but there are so many variations on the original recipe! In my opinion, deviled eggs look most striking when piled up with garnishes, so get crazy with it! This variation uses pickled jalapenos in place of the pickle relish so they have the same acidity with a little added spice. I also topped them with lots of bacon because, let’s be honest… Everything is better with bacon.
Really the only tricky part to making deviled eggs is the technique for boiling them. Look on Pinterest and you’ll find a gazillion ways to do this. Keeping it simple, I say you get your eggs about 2 weeks before you want to cook them, cover them in cold water, bring it to a rolling boil, then remove them from the heat and cover for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes don’t forget to run cold water over them so they won’t keep cooking!
If you’ve ever made deviled eggs before, the rest is pretty self-explanatory. Slice the eggs lengthwise and carefully scoop out the yokes. Mash them together with the mayonnaise, mustard, jalapenos, salt, and pepper. Add the yokes back into the whites and top with crumbled bacon, finely chopped cilantro, and paprika.
- 1/3 cup bacon, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 8-10 slices pickled jalapenos, minced
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Place the eggs in a pot and fill with cold water to about 1 inch above the top of the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and let it boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Strain out the eggs and place in a bowl. Pour cold water over the eggs.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and slice.
- Scoop out the egg yolks into a large mixing bowl, and mash them. Add mayonnaise, mustard, jalapenos, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Garnish with paprika, crumbled bacon, and cilantro.
Check out these other Easter ideas too!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy