Tasty and healthy, air fryer asparagus parmesan is a great way to roast your favorite vegetables quickly and efficiently, without heating up the whole kitchen.
Roasted vegetables are my go-to side dish because they’re healthy and usually pretty easy. The only problem is this: I don’t know about y’all, but I live in Georgia.
In the summer, if I can avoid turning on that oven, I’m doing it! And that’s where the air fryer comes in.
We’ve already used our air fryers for all sorts of recipes from “fried” okra and Greek chicken skewers to “fried” catfish and shrimp… even lobster tails are amazingly simple and delicious when cooked in the air fryer!
Do I have to use an air fryer?
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on an affiliate link and buy something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here for our full privacy and disclosure policy. As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you really don’t want to use an air fryer, though, you can follow the instructions for our Roasted Asparagus with Lemon & Garlic and just sub the seasonings in the recipe for the seasonings in this one. We won’t tell.
How to make it
This recipe is awesome because it’s super quick and easy. How quick, you ask? Literally less than 10 minutes! I threw this together after the meat was off the grill and resting and it was ready just in time for dinner.
All you need to do is trim the woody ends off of your asparagus spears and then toss them with the rest of the ingredients (olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and grated parmesan) in a medium bowl. Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray, and lay out the asparagus in a single layer.
Set it for 375 and let it rip! The time this will take largely depends on the size of your asparagus so keep an eye on it- they should be cooked in 4-9 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! Like all of our recipes, adjust according to your tastes. We kept this super simple, a little lemon zest, smoked paprika, or Italian seasoning would hit the spot, too!
If you’re getting mushy asparagus, it’s been cooked too long. After it’s cooked 4 minutes I would check it every minute for doneness so you don’t overcook. Remember, the size of asparagus spears can vary greatly, so it will all depend on what size you get.
Sure! You’ll need to preheat your oven to 450 and they should take about 7-12 minutes.
I really don’t recommend using pre-shredded cheese any time you want the cheese to melt, so I would go with freshly grated parmesan for this one.
What should I serve with air fryer asparagus?
This is a super versatile side dish, but we love it with any of these recipes:
- Italian Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce
- Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Ruby Tuesday Copycat Chicken Fresco
- Double Reverse Seared Steaks
Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan
- Trim the white ends off the asparagus and discard. Wash and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss until well coated.
- Place asparagus in a single layer in basket of air fryer. Roast on 375 for 4-9 minutes, depending on size of asparagus.
- Garnish with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Check for doneness and desired tenderness beginning at 4 minutes.
- Freshly grated parmesan is recommended.
- One bunch of asparagus will typically yield about 12 ounces after it’s trimmed, which is perfect for this recipe.