This Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe is a low-carb version of a favorite Italian dish. Use it to make chicken parmesan guilt-free!
Whether you're trying to go keto or just trying to cut back on the carbs this recipe is going to be perfect for you.
If you're like me, you're probably the only one in your household trying to cut carbs and struggle to find a recipe that suits your nutrition needs and the tastes of your family. This keto parmesan crusted chicken will solve that problem entirely!
Another recipe that will have the rest of the family unaware they're eating something healthy is this one for Low Carb Enchiladas. We won't tell your secret!
Back to this chicken though. I whipped up some homemade marinara (make it San Marzano Sauce for something really special) and spaghetti squash for me (real pasta for the boys) and made a keto chicken parmesan that impressed the whole family!
If you prefer a cold side dish this Salad with Grapefruit is dressed up with Champagne Vinaigrette and is so delish you'll forget it's good for you.
How to Make Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Start out with a thin cut of chicken like breast tenderloins or chicken cutlets. This will ensure that your keto parmesan crusted chicken gets nice and crispy on the outside at the same time that it gets cooked through.
Heat the oil up in a large skillet to medium high heat. While it's heating, combine the parmesan cheese, almond flour, and seasonings together into a shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of chicken in the egg, and press it into the parmesan mixture, making sure it gets totally coated.
After that, your keto parmesan crusted chicken just needs to go in the frying pan! Now this is the important part: make sure that once you put your chicken in the pan you don't move it around at all.
Just let it sit for about 2 minutes and then gently lift up a piece to check on the crispiness of the crust. If you move it around too much before it is cooked, you risk the crust sliding off!
What do I serve with Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
I made mine into a keto chicken parmesan by serving it over spaghetti squash with homemade marinara, but this chicken is so versatile you can really serve it with anything!
Put it over salad for a low-carb fried chicken substitute, or serve it as is with some healthy sides. like our Keto Squash Casserole. You really can't go wrong with a crunchy, healthy main course like this.
For another low carb chicken option that uses bone-in chicken try Cajun Baked Chicken. With just a few ingredients you'll have it ready with minimal effort.
We may be a Southern food blog, but we love Italian and Mediterranean flavors. Here are some other favorites inspired by that part of the world!
- Pasta Salad with Asparagus
- Italian Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce
- Italian Sausage Soup
- Baked Brie with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pesto
- Air Fryer Greek Chicken Skewers with Feta Sauce
- Mediterranean Shrimp Flatbreads
For a fun and quick look at this recipe watch the Google Web Story!
Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Mix Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, parmesan, and almond flour together in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet in the egg, letting the excess drip off into the bowl. Then, dip in the parmesan mixture, pressing down to make sure the crust sticks. Set chicken aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken in the oil 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Do not move the chicken around in the pan except to flip it when one side is crispy!